|Born||13 July 1963|
|Known for||writer on Asperger syndrome|
Gunilla Gerland (born 13 July 1963, in Stockholm, Sweden) is a Swedish author, lecturer and debater on the topic of Asperger syndrome.
Her 1996 autobiography entitled A Real Person: Life on the Outside (original Swedish title: En Riktig Människa), described growing up with Asperger syndrome in an unsympathetic environment.
She has continued to write and also lecture and debate on Asperger syndrome and the autism spectrum. She works as a counsellor and educator in the field in Stockholm. Her writings have been cited in work concerning the autism spectrum and autism-related problems such as prosopagnosia, in addition to ways in which autism is analysed and discussed.
- 1996 – A Real Person: Life on the Outside. Tr. Joan Tate.
- 1997 – It is good to ask … A book about Asperger’s syndrome and high-functioning autism
- 1998 – On where warranted – for humanity, “biologism” and autism (ed.)
- 2000 – How to understand and treat aggressive and self-injurious behavior in autism? An overview of treatment models and related factors
- 2000 – Finding Out About Asperger’s Syndrome, High-Functioning Autism and PDD. ISBN 9781853028403
- 2002 – Autism – problems and opportunities (with Göran Hartman and Solveig Larsson)
- 2003 – Asperger’s syndrome – and then?
- 2004 – Autism: relationships and sexuality
- 2010 – Working with Asperger’s Syndrome – The craftsmanship and the professional role
- 2010 – Children who raises concerns: see, understand and help preschoolers with a different development (with Ulrika Aspeflo)
- 2013 – Secrets to Success for Professionals in the Autism Field: An Insider’s Guide to Understanding the Autism Sprectrum, the Environment and Your Role. ISBN 9781849053709
- Sainsbury, Clare; Gerland, Gunilla (1999). “An autistic perspective on live company”. Journal of Child Psychotherapy. 25: 153. doi:10.1080/00754179908260286.
- ^ Deborah R. Barnbaum, Indiana University Press, 2008 The Ethics of Autism: Among Them, But Not of Them, (see “Voices of Autism” section) Retrieved August 12, 2014
- ^ Suzanne Zeedyk (editor), 2008, Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Promoting Social Interaction for Individuals with Communicative Impairments …, (see page 180), Retrieved August 12, 2014
- ^ Allen Shawn, 2011, Viking Publishers, Twin: A Memoir, (see last page of Chapter 2), Retrieved August 12, 2014
- ^ Gerland, Gunilla (12 October 1997). “The Human Condition: My family and other strangers”. The Independent.
- ^ Tucker, Nicholas (18 May 1998). “Prisoner in an inner world”. Times Higher Education Supplement.
- ^ “Publications”. TES. 14 July 2000.
- ^ Gerland, Gunilla (1999). “Living with an autistic disability”. xoomer.virgilio.it. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- ^ Bogdashina, Ol’ga (2003). Sensory Perceptual Issues in Autism and Asperger syndrome: Different Sensory Experiences, Different Perceptual Worlds. London/New York: Jessica Kingsley. p. 14. ISBN 9780585471112.
For our audience her conference on sensory problems really was an eye-opener.
- ^ “Gunilla Gerland”. Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- ^ Rhode, Maria (2004). “What Does It Feel Like? Two First-Person Accounts by Adults with Asperger’s Syndrome”. In Rhode, Maria; Klauber, Trudy (eds.). The Many Faces of Asperger’s Syndrome. Tavistock Clinic series. London/New York: Karnac. pp. 70–85. ISBN 9781849404495.
- ^ Sharp, Sonia (1999). “Preventing and managing specific learning difficulties in the classroom”. In Whitmore, Kingsley; Hart, Hilary; Willems, Guy (eds.). A Neurodevelopmental Approach to Specific Learning Disorders. Clinics in developmental medicine. 145. London: Mac Keith. pp. 259–279. ISBN 9781898683117.
- ^ Hagström, Torbjörg (2004). “Att inte känna igen ansikten – ingen bagatell för den drabbade” (PDF). Läkartidningen (in Swedish). 101 (41): 3191.
- ^ Stubblefield, Anna (2013). “Knowing Other Minds: Ethics and Autism”. In Anderson, Jami L.; Cushing, Simon (eds.). The Philosophy of Autism. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 158, 159. ISBN 9781442217072.
We took this from Wikipedia on 2019-12-23 14:08:21